- Anau Mosque Ruins, - 2 small craters with mud and water.
Continue to Darwaza crater and change from the asphalt road to the Karakum desert track, continue 10 km deep inside.
In 1971 geologists accidentally found an underground cavern filled with natural gas. To avoid poisonous gas discharge, it was decided to burn the gas. Geologists hoped the fire would go out in a few days but it has been burning ever since. Locals have named the cavern The Gate - Darwaza. The views are impressive, especially in sunset and night when the mild sunlight and burning crater evoke incredible and ambiguous feelings.
Return to Ashgabat and continue tour to Geokdepe and Kow-ata.
Visiting of a heroic Geokdepe fortress and mosque located almost 40 kilometers to the west of Ashgabat where in 1881, defending their independence, the Turkmens showed courageous resistance to the invading Russian army.
Visit Geokdepe Horse Farm to see a national proud of Turkmen people - Akhalteke horses, the nicest horses in the world. 5000 years ago, Turkmens begin breed Akhalteke horses.
The World’s unique breed was never mixed with other breeds. Such illustrious Emperors like Alexander the Great, Darius I desired to own Ahalteke horses. There are over 35 beautiful horses in the farm. Per superstition, every sick person who touches an Ahalteke horse will get well soon. Continue tour to the underground lake Kow-Ata where you can swim. The lake is available all year round because of constant temperature of water (33-37◦C) and air. A warm hydrogen sulphide lake lies in a cave at the Kopet Dag foothills. 276 steps lead into the lake. On your way down you will admire marvelous grapes and lines of stalactites and see bat’s bevies. Return to Ashgabat.
Visit National Circus of Turkmenistan to see Ahalteke horse show or Horse exhibition. The horse show is performed by “Galkynysh” group. The group has famous stunts on Akhalteke horseback. The audience is charmed by the beauty and swiftness of “royal horses”, bravery riders, performing at full gallop tricks and various techniques of stunts on horseback, which the Turkmen artists inherited from their talented ancestors. The triumph of “Galkynysh” group horse riders was recognized as the best among 32 circus troupes from 22 countries and awarded with the main prize of festival - the Gold Cup. “Galkynysh” group performed in Italy, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Turkey and other countries, where it has made a real furor, gained the victories in prestigious international competitions and circus art festivals.
Horse race is very popular in Turkmenistan. People traditionally do rates during the races. A winner gets expensive handmade carpet or luxury car or elite apartment. There several races during the holiday.
- Accommodation in standard twin- shared rooms a/c;
- Accommodation based on shared yurt (incl. sleeping mat, sleeping bag, and pillow);
- Meals: breakfast at hotels; camp-style breakfast and BBQ dinner in Darwaza camp;
- All transfers as per program by comfortable tourist class transport as per road conditions including transfers to- from airports, train stations, and borders
- English speaking escorting guide in Turkmenistan;
- Single entry tickets to the sites, museums, mausoleums as per program;
- Tourist tax in the hotels per person;
- International flights;
- Turkmenistan tourist visa from 85+4 USD per person (subject to change; nationality dependent) and migration tax 10+4 USD per person (subject to change; nationality dependent);
- Photo/video fees (professional camera);
- Meals: Lunches and dinners; breakfast during night train trip/s;
- Personal travel/medical insurance, portage, tips, personal expenses, and other services not specified under “Tour Price Includes”;
- Turkmenistan: tourist fee 2 USD per person per night (obligatory) charged in the hotels;
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.