Tour itinerary: Аshgabat – Darvaza – Kunya-Urgench – Ashgabat
Season: all the year round
Days: 1 | Nights: 0
A short informative tour to the most famous sights of Turkmenistan: Ashgabat, the capital, Kunya-Urgench - one of the eldest settlements and Darvaza - Gates to Hell.
The places you'll visit - mostly religious mausoleums, settled between II - XII centuries. Among them you will take an excursion to mausoleum of Mongolian princess Torebeg-Hanym. Its sort of offroad sightseeing object and has a rich history.
Dive into Turkmen history within our history & culture one day tour - just book it right away!
9:00 Meet with our guide & driver at your hotel's lobby and start the excursion.
Transfer to trip to Darvaza(2.5-hour drive one way - 270 km), with a stop at a local desert village on the way.
In 1971 geologists accidentally found an underground cavern filled with natural gas. The ground beneath the drilling rig collapsed, leaving a large hole with a diameter of about 50-100 meters. To avoid poisonous gas discharge, it was decided to burn the gas. Geologists had hoped the fire would go out in a few days but it has been burning ever since. Locals have named the cavern The Gate to Hell, and the sight of the crater at night indeed gives a somewhat spooky feel.
Transfer to city tour Kunya Urgench (UNESCO).
Visiting the founder mausoleum of Sufi sects:
- "Kubra" Nadzhimetdin Kubra (XII-XIII centuries) - (Shaykh Ab al-Jann b Ahmad ibn 'Umar) was a 13th-century Persian Sufi from Khwarezmia, the founder of the Kubrawiyya or Kibruyeh Sufi order, influential in the Ilkhanid and Timurid. His method, exemplary of a "golden age" of sufi metaphysics, was related to the Illuminism of Shahab al-Din Suhrawardi as well as to Rumi's Shams Tabrizi;
- The mausoleum of Mongolian princess Torebeg-Hanym (XII-XIV centuries);
- All entrance fees to the monuments and museums as specified in the program;
- Comfortable transportation with a/c;
- English-speaking professional licensed local guide;
- International airfares;
- Hotel accommodation;
- Fees for the use of photo and video cameras;
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.