Tour itinerary: Ashgabat – Turkmenbashi – Yangisuw – Gozli Ata – Serdar –Western Karakum Darwaza – Central Karakum – Gonur Depe – Mary – Ashgabat
Season: April – October
Days: 12 | Nights: 11
Jeep safari tour around Turkmenistan is a great chance to see Turkmenistan, its nature, highlands, valleys, old nomadic lifestyle and ancient sighs. You will stay in tent camps and travel by 4-wheel drive vehicles.
Explore the multiple landscapes and life in the Turkmen Karakum Desert!
- Independence Park - One of the main touristic attractions of Turkmenistan is the National Independence Park in Ashgabat. Ashgabat Park (Turkmen: Aşgabat seýilgähi) is among the oldest public parks[clarification needed] at the center of Ashgabat in Turkmenistan;
- Neutrality Arch;
- Ferris Wheel;
- Wedding Palace Viewpoint;
- Stairs of Health Park - 33-km long concrete stairway across the foothills of the Kopetdag Mountains, constructed on the orders of the first president of Turkmenistan in the early nineties;
- Turkmenbashi Mosque-Mausoleum - Eleven kilometers to the west of Ashgabat there stands the largest mosque in Central Asia and main mosque of Turkmenistan – The Turkmenbashi Ruhy Mosque;
Drive from Yangisuw to Yangikala Canyon. Yangikala means “fire fortress”. So interesting name canyons were given because of red color of rocks, from which are formed mountains ranges and cliffs.
Time to explore the canyon area. Picnic lunch on the way. Late afternoon transfer to Gozli Ata pilgrim site. It's one of the remotest shrine pilgrimage destinations in Turkmenistan. Gozli Ata was reportedly a respected Sufi who lived in the early part of the 14th century.
Dinner and overnight in common gender-shared rooms at pilgrim house.
Breakfast. Drive through Karakum Desert to Darwaza gas crater. Picnic lunch on the way. Camp dinner and overnight in tents at Darwaza. In 1971 geologists accidentally found an underground cavern filled with natural gas. The ground beneath the drilling rig collapsed, leaving a large hole with a diameter of about 50-100 meters. To avoid poisonous gas discharge, it was decided to burn the gas. Geologists had hoped the fire would go out in a few days but it has been burning ever since. Locals have named the cavern The Gate to Hell, and the sight of the crater at night indeed gives a somewhat spooky feel. The views are most impressive in the dark, and an overnight stay in tents near the crater is a unique experience, especially when accompanied by a barbeque dinner. Night in the tent camp.
- Mohammed bin Said Mausoleum; - Medieval castles – “Kesk” fortresses (6-7 centuries); - History museum of Merv region; Transfer to Mary Airport. Evening flight to Ashgabat Arrival in Ashgabat. Transfer to the hotel. Resting time in the evening.
- Accommodation in standard twin- shared rooms a/c;
- Accommodation based on shared yurt (incl. sleeping mat, sleeping bag, and pillow);
- Meals: breakfast at hotels; camp-style breakfast and BBQ dinner in Darwaza camp;
- All transfers as per program by comfortable tourist class transport/SUV as per road conditions including transfers to- from airports, train stations, and borders
- English speaking escorting guide in Turkmenistan;
- Single entry tickets to the sites, museums, mausoleums as per program;
- Tourist tax in the hotels per person;
- International flights;
- Turkmenistan tourist visa from 85+4 USD per person (subject to change; nationality dependent) and migration tax 10+4 USD per person (subject to change; nationality dependent);
- Photo/video fees (professional camera);
- Meals: lunches and dinners; breakfast during night train trip/s;
- Personal travel/medical insurance, portage, tips, personal expenses and other services not specified under “Tour Price Includes”
- Turkmenistan: tourist fee 2 USD per person per night (obligatory) charged in the hotels;
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.