Tour itinerary: Ashgabat – Dashoguz – Ashgabat – Mary – Ashgabat
Season: March 2019
Days: 7 | Nights: 6
Celebrate old Persian New Year called Navruz (new day) in Turkmenistan! It's an unuqie chance to visit Navruz celebrations near Ashgabat city, get to know traditions, culture and feel the coming spring.
- Independence Park - One of the main touristic attractions of Turkmenistan is the National Independence Park in Ashgabat. Ashgabat Park (Turkmen: Aşgabat seýilgähi) is among the oldest public parks[clarification needed] at the center of Ashgabat in Turkmenistan;
- Neutrality Arch;
- Ferris Wheel;
- Wedding Palace Viewpoint;
- Stairs of Health Park - 33-km long concrete stairway across the foothills of the Kopetdag Mountains, constructed on the orders of the first president of Turkmenistan in the early nineties;
- Turkmenbashi Mosque-Mausoleum - Eleven kilometers to the west of Ashgabat there stands the largest mosque in Central Asia and main mosque of Turkmenistan – The Turkmenbashi Ruhy Mosque;
- Ertogrul Ghazi Mosque - The Ertugrul Gazi Mosque is one of the most beautiful Muslim mosques of Turkmenistan. Like any other buildings, erected in Ashgabat during the period of independence, the mosque strikes with its size and rich decoration;
08:30 transfer to the airport for morning flight to Dashoguz (50 min.).
Day trip to Kunya Urgench (UNESCO).
Visiting the founder mausoleum of Sufi sects:
- "Kubra" Nadzhimetdin Kubra (XII-XIII centuries) - (Shaykh Ab al-Jann b Ahmad ibn 'Umar) was a 13th-century Persian Sufi from Khwarezmia, the founder of the Kubrawiyya or Kibruyeh Sufi order, influential in the Ilkhanid and Timurid. His method, exemplary of a "golden age" of sufi metaphysics, was related to the Illuminism of Shahab al-Din Suhrawardi as well as to Rumi's Shams Tabrizi;
- The mausoleum of Mongolian princess Torebeg-Hanym (XII-XIV centuries);
08:30 Departure from hotel lobby for full morning visit of Navruz celebrations near Ashgabat.
It's unforgettable experience where you can observe Turkmen traditions, culture and shows.
Afternoon visit of National Museum, where you can see more than 166 unique exposition from Ancient Merv and Nisa. A trip to ancient Nisa (18 km from Ashgabat) that is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit the ruins of the ancient city (the date of foundation of the I millennium BC - I millennium BC).
18:00 Return to the hotel.
20:00 Departure from hotel for city-by-night tour.
10:00 start excursion with visiting Sunday Bazaar "Tolkuchka" (secondhand market) which is famous for variety of goods. Stretching for a few kilometers along deserted suburbs of Ashgabat, bazaar attracts many tourists by opportunity to buy traditional Turkmen carpets.
Early afternoon departure by jeeps for after-dark trip to Darwaza (4-hour drive one way), with stop at local desert village on the way. BBQ dinner at Darwaza.
In 1971 geologists accidentally found an underground cavern filled with natural gas. The ground beneath the drilling rig collapsed, leaving a large hole with a diameter of about 50-100 meters. To avoid poisonous gas discharge, it was decided to burn the gas. Geologists had hoped the fire would go out in a few days but it has been burning ever since. Locals have named the cavern The Gate to Hell, and the sight of the crater at night indeed gives a somewhat spooky feel.
The views are most impressive in the dark, and an overnight stay in tents near the crater is a unique experience, especially when accompanied by a barbecue dinner.
- Accommodation in standard twin- shared rooms a/c;
- Accommodation based on shared yurt (incl. sleeping mat, sleeping bag, and pillow);
- Meals: breakfast at hotels; camp-style breakfast and BBQ dinner in Darwaza camp;
- All transfers as per program by comfortable tourist class transport as per road conditions including transfers to- from airports, train stations, and borders
- English speaking escorting guide in Turkmenistan;
- Single entry tickets to the sites, museums, mausoleums as per program;
- Tourist tax in the hotels per person;
- International flights;
- Turkmenistan tourist visa from 85+4 USD per person (subject to change; nationality dependent) and migration tax 10+4 USD per person (subject to change; nationality dependent);
- Photo/video fees (professional camera);
- Meals: Lunches and dinners; breakfast during night train trip/s;
- Personal travel/medical insurance, portage, tips, personal expenses and other services not specified under “Tour Price Includes”
- Turkmenistan: tourist fee 2 USD per person per night (obligatory) charged in the hotels;
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.