Merv once was an ancient fortress full of brave warriors, a place the pilgrims come to pray and take a rest. Nowadays its walls keep falling down and the government of Turkmenistan really struggling with the repair of it. Welcome to Merv - the guardian spirit of a once-powerful dynasty!
Merv oasis (40 km. to the east from Mary) is one of the most ancient regions of Central Asia, which mastered an irrigation system related to the period of Bronze Age. Therefore, it is not surprising that Merv (Margush, Margiana, Mouru or Maru in different sources) grew here as one of the largest city in ancient world. The origin of Merv is covered by mystery. The only one fact is clear - the first written references about its appearance are in Avesta chronicles of approximately VIII-VI c.c. B.C. Omar Khayam, As-Samani, Imamad-din-Isfaxani and other great persons of Middle Ages lived and created here.
- Entrance tickets to the monuments as listed in the program;
- English-speaking professional licensed local guide in Turkmenistan
- Meals (lunches, dinners);
- Fees for using the camera in museums and monuments.
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.