Tour itinerary: Khiva – Dashoguz – Ashgabat – Mary – Bukhara
Season: all the year round
Days: 3 | Nights: 2
Short tour from Khiva to Kunya Urgench, Ashgabat and Mary is the best option to discover beautiful Turkmenistan in 3 days. The itinerary also can be offered as reverse program started from Bukhara by request.
08:00 Transfer to Uzbek- Turkmen border post Shavat /Dashoguz. Border passing formalities (passport, visa control / sanitary control (PCR test requirements) might take from 1 hr up to 2-2,5 hrs depending on the customs formalities).
Meet the guide and driver at Turkmen side of the border. Transfer to Kunya – Urgench.
Start sightseeing tour with visiting
-the founder mausoleum of Sufi sects "Kubra" Nadzhimetdin Kubra (XII-XIII centuries);
-the mausoleum of Mongolian princess Torebeg-Hanym (XII-XIV centuries);
- minaret Mamun (X-XI centuries);
-minaret Kutlug-Timur (XII-XIV c, the highest minaret in Central Asia);
-Mausoleum Kyrkmolla (II in BC - III A.D.);
-mausoleum Arslan II (the oldest building in the city - date of its bookmark is roughly estimated by XI century).
Transfer to Dashoguz Airport.
19:00 Departure flight Dashoguz – Ashgabat
19:50 Arrival in Ashgabat.
Transfer to the hotel.
Resting time in the evening. Overnight at the hotel.
07:20 Arrival in Mary. Come out of the terminal, meet the driver and guide.
Transfer to the Ancient Merv (UNESCO) for sightseeing in the historical park visiting:
- Sultan Sanjar Mausoleum - the best remaining testimony to Seljuk power at Merv is the 38 m-high Mausoleum of Sultan Sanjar, located in the center of Sultan Kala. The building was restored with Turkish aid and rises dramatically in the open plain. Sanjar, the grandson of Alp-Arslan, died in 1157, reputedly of a broken heart when, after escaping from captivity in Khiva, he came home to find that his beloved Merv had been pillaged by Turkic nomads.
Afternoon transfer to Turkmen –Uzbek border post Farab/ Alat. Border passing formalities (passport and visa control usually takes shorter than on arrival to Turkmenistan). The driver meets at Uzbek side of the land border.
Transfer to the hotel in Bukhara. End of the tour.
- Visa support for Turkmenistan tourist visa (Letter of Invitation, State Registration, Travel Pass);
- Accommodation in a standard twin rooms in Ashgabat;
- All transfers as per program by comfortable tourist class transportas per road conditions including transfers to-from airports/ borders;
- Turkmenistan: local English-speaking guides;
- Meals: breakfast at hotel in Ashgabat;
- Single entry tickets to the sites, museums, mausoleums as per program;
- Internal flights Dashoguz – Ashgabat, Mary –Ashgabat (economy class);
- Water 1,5 l pppd;
- Touristic tax.
- International air tickets;
- Hotel accommodation in Uzbekistan;
- Turkmenistan visa fee from 85+4 USD per person, when obtained at Dashoguz border post (subject to change and nationality-dependent) and migration tax of 10 +4 USD per person;
- COVID-19 PCR tests on arrival at Turkmen land border (price subject to change);
- Photo/video fees (professional camera);
- Transport and guide service for free days and free time after the standard city tours;
- Meals: lunch and dinners;
- VAT, personal/travel insurance, portage, tips, personal expenses and other services not specified under “Tour Price Includes”.
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.