Welcome to make a two-day tour to the mysterious crater Darvaza, which has not ceased to burn for the past 45 years. The tour begins with a meeting on the border of Shavat - Dashoguz. The nearest cities of Uzbekistan: Khiva and Nukus.
Morning transfer from Khiva / Nukus / Urgench to Uzbek - Turkmen border pass.
Pass the border.
Meet by guide and car and transfer to Kunya Urgench, the UNESCO World Heritage Site. In the morning transfer to Kunya-Urgench.
Start sightseeing tour with visiting: the founder mausoleum of Sufi sects:
- Najmudd n-e Kubr (Persian:) or Najm al-Din Kubra, (Shaykh Ab al-Jann b Ahmad ibn 'Umar) was a 13th-century Persian Sufi from Khwarezmia, the founder of the Kubrawiyya or Kibruyeh Sufi order, influential in the Ilkhanid and Timurid. His method, exemplary of a "golden age" of sufi metaphysics, was related to the Illuminism of Shahab al-Din Suhrawardi as well as to Rumi's Shams Tabrizi;
- The mausoleum of Mongolian princess Torebeg-Hanym (XII-XIV centuries);
- Minaret Kutlug-Timur (XII-XIV c, the highest minaret in Central Asia - 67m height);
- Mausoleum Kyrkmolla (II in BC - III A.D.) - The sacred hill Kyrk Molla, “40 mullahs” in Turkic, is found in Kunya-Urgench. According to a local legend, during the Mongol invasion 40 scholars who lived in the library began to pray for the salvation of the priceless manuscripts, stored there. When the enemy approached, the library tipped over and went underground;
In 1971 geologists accidentally found an underground cavern filled with natural gas. The ground beneath the drilling rig collapsed, leaving a large hole with a diameter of about 50-100 meters. To avoid poisonous gas discharge, it was decided to burn the gas. Geologists had hoped the fire would go out in a few days but it has been burning ever since. Locals have named the cavern The Gate to Hell, and the sight of the crater at night indeed gives a somewhat spooky feel.
- Accommodation in standard twin- shared rooms a/c;
- Accommodation based on shared yurt (incl. sleeping mat, sleeping bag, and pillow);
- Meals: Full board meals (combination picnic style, camp style, local restaurant/café (2 lunches and 1dinner) excluding soft drinks and alcoholic drinks;
- All transfers as per program by comfortable tourist class transport as per road conditions including transfers to- from airports, train stations, and borders
- English speaking escorting guide in Turkmenistan;
- Single entry tickets to the sites, museums, mausoleums as per program;
- Tourist tax in the hotels per person;
- International flights;
- Turkmenistan tourist visa from 85+4 USD per person (subject to change; nationality dependent) and migration tax 10+4 USD per person (subject to change; nationality dependent);
- Photo/video fees (professional camera);
- Meals: lunches and dinners; breakfast during night train trip/s;
- Personal travel/medical insurance, portage, tips, personal expenses and other services not specified under “Tour Price Includes”
- Turkmenistan: tourist fee 2 USD per person per night (obligatory) charged in the hotels;
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.