Meeting with a company representative who will provide a tour package, and you will have the opportunity to discuss the details of the program.
Transfer to the excursion to Ancient Merv (40 km - 30 minutes) (UNESCO).
Discover the historical park with:
Excursion to Ancient Merv (UNESCO). Discover the historical park with:
- Sultan Sanjar Mausoleum - The best remaining testimony to Seljuk power at Merv is the 38 m-high Mausoleum of Sultan Sanjar, located in what was the center of Sultan Kala. The building was restored with Turkish aid and rises dramatically in the open plain. Sanjar, the grandson of Alp-Arslan, died in 1157, reputedly of a broken heart when, after escaping from captivity in Khiva, he came home to find that his beloved Merv had been pillaged by Turkic nomads.
- Mohammed bin Said Mausoleum, medieval castles – “Kesk” fortresses (6-7 centuries) and others.
Continue to the border post for border crossing from Merv to "Farab" border pass (246 km - 4 hours).
- All entrance fees to the monuments and museums as specified in the program;
- Comfortable transportation in Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan (transfer to border pass to the hotel);
- English-speaking professional licensed local guide;
- International airfares;
- Hotel accommodation;
- Fees for the use of photo and video cameras;
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.